Monday, September 21, 2015

Where I Stand: Planed Parenthood

Planned Parenthood.  Such a hot topic. Now for my opinion on the matter.
Planned Parenthood does serve the community in more ways than just abortions. They provide free contraceptives, inexpensive check-ups, and plenty of other things. I went to Planned Parenthood for both my pregnancies to get a cheap official confirmation to apply for maternity health insurance. The program in itself is a good concept, but then we reach the problem where the debate rages.
Selling of human remains.
As I said, I went to Planned Parenthood to confirm my pregnancies. With my last one, they pulled me into a room, and forced me to leave my four-year-old outside so they could ask me how I would like to deal with the “issue” then handed me abortion information. I was like, “ahh, I’m keeping the baby, I just need that paperwork there saying I’m pregnant.” They looked at me like I was losing my mind. That should have concerned me, but I figured they get lots of druggies, teenagers, and other—for want of a better word—“losers” come in for that purpose, so they lumped me in with them.
Almost a year later, I have a beautiful little girl across the room from me, sleeping peacefully in her swing. I hold her in my arms, nurse her, watch her smile, and I wonder why they would have preferred for me to snuff out that life rather than keep it. Because a fetus is a life. A tiny life, a life completely dependent on one person; its mother. I’ve carried two beautiful girls inside me and the whole time, and every day since their births, I never dreamed of denying them their potential. Because that’s what abortion does, it denies a life its potential to be, to exist, to grow, to learn to SMILE. So what if it’s not convenient for some reason or another? You should have thought of that before you opened your legs without contraceptives. I hear people argue about rape and incest cases, but the truth is, most abortions are simply cowardly women unable to face the consequences of their actions, so they take it out on an innocent life that has no voice or way to fight back. Abortion is not feminism. I’m insulted that someone would dare claim that. As a woman, my feminine privilege of being called a mother is degraded and I’m offended that something as selfish as abortion would be considered a right of my gender. It’s a right of my gender to say no to sex, but if I choose not to do that, then I’m obligated to live with the consequences of my body’s natural response.
Abortion is like… someone throws you in a dark room, all alone, and locks you in. They then provide you food and means to survive so you are completely dependent on them, then, they grab swords and hack you to pieces. You’d feel that, right? Sucks, huh? But yet, we do it to BABIES. It literally makes me sick. I hear of it and look and my child and think, at least I can keep you safe. At least your life and any I bear won’t be faced with that kind of suffering.
Women who have never had children, never carried one full term and held that life in their arms, have no right to make comment on abortion. Men should never speak of women having the right to choose what they do with their bodies and abortion, but fathers deserve the right to keep their child even if the mother doesn’t want it. He should be allowed to say no to her abortion if he is willing to take it off her hands. It takes two to tango, so both those dancers should be allowed to have a say.
Being pregnant is something I cannot fully express. There is something divine, beautiful, and powerful about being pregnant. Mothers who have miscarried will tell you they grieved. Why? Because that tiny life that one moment grew within them, went away. It stopped living, no matter the size of it or how far along they were, and it broke their hearts. Women who seek abortions need to stop being such cowards and face their actions like real women should. There’s such thing as adoption, and plenty of infertile couples out there who fall to their knees and mourn when they hear someone threw away the chance they’d give anything for.
In India, baby girls are being killed in droves. That gendercide is scolded and fought against by humanitarians and our western society, but yet, within our own countries we allow the same kind of slaughter of children to occur. Hypocrisy, yes. So shut the freak up.
But the issue with these abortions performed by Planned Parenthood, aside from mass legalized murder, is that people within the program are selling body parts. You can’t deny it, it’s been caught on video and sent viral around the internet. It may not be part of the standard protocol, but the fact remains that someone is using it for the harvesting of these tiny body parts. I don’t know about defunding Planned Parenthood, because it does do some good, but there definitely needs to be an investigation and those people at fault need to be made accountable.

As you can tell, I am quite passionate about this. That is because to me, abortion is the lowest of lows, the ultimate proof of the depravity that mankind has reached.

1 comment: