Friday, January 3, 2014

Day One: Enchiladas

So today begins the beginning of my cooking quest. First up, I opened to the first winter recipe; Beef Enchiladas with Red Sauce.


Before I started, I went through our spice cupboard. Wow we have a lot! And a ton of duplicates too. I went through and filled my refillable dispensers and reduced how many items we have. My spice rack in now filled, and I can see all my spices in the cupboard.
This matters because most of those ingredients you see are spices!
A few things I already know is I need to learn how to chop vegetables. My onion chopping needs some serious practice. Also, we need a new can opener!
Prep was fairly easy though, and the meat filling tasted great. I love the hint of lime.

So here it is right out of the oven -


So my presentation needs some work, but here it is -


It was quite delicious! But how can I judge it? Well, since I'm cooking for my hubby and three-year-old, I will judge it on their reactions.
Hubs - Didn't complain once. Since he considers himself a bit of a food critic, this is a good sign. He even went back for seconds!
Small daughter - She rarely eats anything other than candy and chicken nuggets, so the facts she ate several mouthfuls means this is a keeper!


Stay tuned! Tomorrow I'm cooking Fillet Mignon and Walnut Citrus Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment