Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day Two: Fillet Mignon with Walnut Citrus Salad

Tonight I made Fillet Mignon and Walnut Citrus Salad. I made several mistakes on these, but they turned out tasting fine, even if the salad dressing was a bit too salty.


So, to start with, I bought the wrong meat cuts. Yup, I'm a genius. But, I worked with it. The meat ended up well-done instead of medium. The butter and herb mixture turned out great though. All up, it was pretty good. Definitely room for improvement on my part, but still yummy.


Next was the salad. I made the dressing and everything for this, with some help from Landon who prepared the lettuce and spinach for me while I made the dressing.


It turned out quite delicious. The dressing is quite strong, so next time I'll add more salad, raisins, and oranges to balance it out a bit.


All in all, I was pretty happy with it. Landon ate it and said he enjoyed the salad, and Missy Moo, well, she rarely eats, so two leaves of spinach and a piece of orange will do!


No comments:

Post a Comment