Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My First Ever Cheesecake

With MLK day yesterday, I had time to work on making my first cheesecake. I know cheesecakes can be really hard, so I really wanted to focus on this.


So the raspberry sauce and the filling came together pretty easily. I will admit, I couldn't find what I needed for the crust, so I just bought a premade crust. But the difficult part is the cooking. While filling the pie crust, I soon realized I had too much filling, so I cooked the rest afterward in a small corning ware container:


It came out perfectly, but the main cheesecake ended up looking a little funky because... I burned the top! LOL! I think this happened because I overfilled the pie.


Oh man these photos suck... Anyway, It's hard to see, but it's brown on top. Luckily the raspberry sauce hides it a bit. But it tastes spot on, and the texture is perfect, too. I am quite pleased with the results for my first attempt at something so difficult, and you can even see where Landon stole a few chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment