Friday, January 3, 2014

New Years Goal: Cooking

For Christmas I received a butt load of cookbooks. I felt like someone was giving me a hint! So, my plan for the new year is to go through and cook the meals in my cookbooks. The book I will be focusing on will be:

Savoring_the_seasons_detail

This book is organized into seasons, so I will cook the meals for the season each season, and fill the rest in with my other cookbooks.

My plan is to do a Julie and Julia thing, although there are lots of sweets in it and I really don't need the sugar, so I probably won't cook everything in the book. But I hope to cook something everyday, including trying to do breakfasts on the weekend, and document it here.
Last night, Landon and I hit the store and bought a bunch of ingredients to get started. He's excited because I'm talking about doing pork and sausages which I usually avoid like the plague. But I want to do this right and try new things. Hopefully in the long run it will save us money by having home cooked meals every night and help us lose some pounds! We might even start having the missionaries over again so I have taste testers.

I'm hoping keeping this blog will keep me accountable thinking someone is watching me lol. So, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment