Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day Seven: Potato-Leek Soup with Ham


So my poor husband has been sick all day. This made up my mind about making this today. Something gentle and warm for his stomach.

One thing though; always check your ingredients haven't gone bad before you start cooking. I went to open our cream and found it sour and moldy. Seriously, ew. So I had Landon watch the soup while I rushed up to the store to get fresh cream.

What I liked about the recipe instructions was the detailed way it told me how to prepare leeks. I've always noticed the dirt that gets in it, and struggled with separating the rings. But this says cut the length-ways first, then slice normally, then rinse in cold water. It's so simple I couldn't believe I didn't think of it before.


This soup was quick and very easy, also very flavorful. Landon loved it. I'm thinking with Missy Moo soups are a great way to get her to eat veg. This one, like the other soup, she devoured every last bite.

We had a leftover baguette from Sunday's family dinner, so to avoid wasting it, we sliced it up and made garlic bread to go with the soup. Fabulous winter dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment